Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sisters by birth, Friends by choice

I would like to start off with just a few quotes that so perfectly describe my sister and I :)

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead

A sister is a forever friend. ~Author Unknown

Sister to sister we will always be,
A couple of nuts off the family tree.
~Author Unknown

I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!
-- Author Unknown


My older sister (by 6 years) and I have been through thick and thin since before I was born. From me kicking her off our mom's lap during church, her flipping me out of my swing and onto my head, to me bitting her in the stomach. Lol. We have been through it all! Being 6 years apart, we were not very close growing up. We were always at different schools, had different friends, and just at different stages in our lives. However, NOTHING takes away the bond of sisterhood.

Our family hit a pretty rough patch back in 2003, and although it took us quite a while to regain trust with one another, we never lost the most important thing... LOVE. By God's grace, our family is stronger now than ever before!

Now that my sister and I are older, we have grown a whole lot closer, and I praise God so much for that! My sister is always there for me... no matter what! She encourages me to do my best and to stay strong in the Lord. It is so amazing to watch her grow in her relationship with Christ, just as I am growing in mine. God has captivated her heart, and helped her become a beautiful woman who is eagerly seeking Him. I know I can always count on my sister. Whenever I need her, she is there. She tells me what I NEED to hear, and not what I WANT to hear. She gives me great advice. We are so different, yet so alike! We have sister telepathy, and it sometimes freaks people out. Haha! I love my sister with all of my heart!
I promise you, there is NOTHING like the bond of sisterhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment