Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm taking off my blinders. Are you?

There are so many things that each and every one of us desire or want in our lives. Whatever your desire or want may be, I encourage to daily seek God for guidance and clarity. Although I warn you, do NOT allow yourself to be blinded by your emotions. Satan is powerful and he knows our weaknesses, and he will place thoughts and justifications into our mind that make us believe that the desire or want is something we should go after. When in reality, God may have been giving us a big fat NO all along. It is such a beautiful thing when we finally take off our blinders, and let our Redeemer transform our hearts and minds.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
-Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment