Monday, October 4, 2010

Missions, Missions, Missions

Today, my mind is on nothing more than... you guessed it, MISSIONS! I have done mission work in South Texas, New York, and twice in Peru, but there are SO many other people in the world who are hungry for God's Word. I have this overwhelming desire in my heart to serve them, both young and old, both near and far... I just want to serve God's people! Personally, I have the desire for international missions... send me back to Peru, send me to Haiti, Africa, China, Guatemala, or wherever! Now while it will be sad and hard to leave my family and friends, my "comfort zone", and everything/everyone I know and love behind, I have FAITH that my God will provide me with the strength to overcome any hardships that come my way. Just like it says in John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me youmay have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I haveovercome the world."

Now some of you may be thinking, why go overseas when we have our own problems right here in America? Well, Jesus mentions several times in the Bible that we are called to go and make disciples of ALL nations... notice he didn't say go and make disciples of just your hometown, or your school/university, or the county you live in, or even just the state you live in. No, He said go and make disciples of ALL nations! Here are a few verses for you to think about:
Matthew 24:14 - "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
Matthew 28:19-20 - "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of age."
Mark 13:10 - "And the gospel must first be preached to all nations."
Mark 16:15 - "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good new to all creation.'"
Luke 24:47 - "'and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.'"

Here are a couple of songs that remind me of how Jesus asks us to completely surrender ourselves to Him, and be willing to go WHEREVER He calls us to go. I pray you are encouraged and moved by this song. :)


-This music video was made by MIKESCHAIR while they were on a Shoes for Orphans Souls trip to Peru through Buckner Missions. I am so blessed to know some of these precious faces in the video!

Have a blessed day!

Hugs&Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment