Monday, July 4, 2011

Just 2 days away!!

On Thursday, July 7th, I will begin my third journey to my favorite place on the planet Earth... PERU! Words cannot even begin to describe my excitement! :)

After months of anticipation, I am just two days away from finally getting to meet (face-to-face) the other three members of my team - their names are Lauren (our leader), Jeanne, and Michael! We will begin our journey in Dallas, at the Buckner Missions office. After we arrive and greet each other with handshakes, high-fives, and hugs, everything will slowly dwindle down and we will begin to learn about the history of Buckner and how they are catalysts for change here in the U.S. and across the world! Next comes, saying adios to los padres and then the teams will play "get-to-know-ya" games, and share tons of smiles and laughter :) After a fun-filled day at the mission office, the Peru team will head to a hotel and stay there for two nights. On Saturday, July 9th, the team and I will board a plane that will take us to Miami and then to our final destination... PERU! :) I am seriously boiling over with anticipation! Every time someone asks me about Peru, I get all warm and fuzzy inside and a great big smile takes over my face!

P.S.
I will do my absolute best to keep up with this blog throughout the month. I am hoping to be able to post some pictures here as well, but I cannot make any promises on that one.

<3 James 1:27 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment