Monday, February 18, 2013

Jesus, be my Security

Here lately, I have found myself wishing that things could go back to the way they used to be.  I like the way things used to be.  But the Lord has been trying to shake me of the desire to want to go back in time.  He is desperately trying to show me something more, but I won't be able to see that until I completely surrender the past to Him and trust Him with my future.  By holding tightly to my past and the way things used to be, I am not allowing God to work in and through me.  The Holy Spirit is constantly trying to make us a new creation in Christ, by stripping us of our old selves (2 Corinthians 5:17).  As humans, it is so easy to get caught up in our predictable, routine-oriented lives, and forget that Christ is constantly calling us to place EVERYTHING before Him at the alter.  We get so used to things being one way, that when that gets changed, it completely rocks our world!  We tend to find our security in routine because it is predictable, but if that is where we place our security than we are ultimately placing God in a box because we are not allowing Him to do things in our lives that are far greater than our finite minds can comprehend.

Jesus, be my Security.

No comments:

Post a Comment