Monday, February 11, 2013

Faith like Job

God is the Author of my life.  Let Him write the pages.  No matter how painful it is, God is in the midst of creating something beautiful!  In the midst of my pain, God is there, holding me tight.  God is trying to get my attention, and I have to make the choice to choose JOY.  In the midst of my struggle, I need to choose JOY.  I also need to be patient with myself.  My head may be tired of all this mess, but my heart is still an emotional wreck.  It is going to take time, and in that time I need to tune into God's voice and listen because He is clearly still trying to use this process to teach me something.  I need to be asking, daily, "God, what are you trying to teach or reveal to me?"  Jesus, I need to hear from You or feel You!  I need Your Spirit to penetrate and move in my heart and guide my steps.  Lord when I begin to waver and wander away from You, remind me of the faithfulness of Your servant Job.  Job had everything stripped away from him, yet He still adored and worshiped You!

"Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped.  And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return.  The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.  In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong."  -Job 1:20-22
**The Lord strips us of our flesh, so He can be glorified**

"Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.  For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal."  -Job 5:17-18
**God may break us down, BUT that is only to make us realize how desperately we NEED Him**

No comments:

Post a Comment